Overview of the Training
Join us in Orlando, FL for an experiential learning event that flows from a theology that places Christ and His purposes at the center of genuine revitalization. This training is designed to equip interim pastors, denominational leaders, and anyone else interested in helping churches in some kind of transition or crisis. During this three-day event, participants will discover strategies to diagnose real problems, facilitate change, resolve conflict, manage destructive powerbrokers, and deal with the idols at the root of many congregational issues. You will be exposed to a flexible and workable model of church governance, the use of transition teams, and a proven method for strategic planning.
* Space is limited as we intentionally keep the training group size small to ensure productive networking opportunities with attendees and presenters.
Dates and Location
Tuesday, February 18th through Thursday, February 20th
Evangelical Presbyterian Church Headquarters
5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 510, Orlando, FL 32822
- $549 Early Bird pricing valid until December 31, 2019
- $599 Standard registration fee beginning January 1, 2020
Registration includes three-day conference, snacks and lunches, and dinner on Tuesday.
What You’ll Get
- The WHY and the HOW of VitalChurch’s intentional interim pastor ministry
- The opportunity to self-assess your interim ministry potential and learn the qualities of a successful intentional interim pastor
- An electronic copy of training notes that provide detailed information on all topics covered in the training
- Three days of learning, growing, and reflecting through a combination of formal information sessions, individual and small group exercises, and whole group discussion to deepen and broaden your understanding of interim ministry
- Networking opportunities with like-minded pastors and professionals as well as with VitalChurch’s speakers who have decades of experience in interim ministry
- A checklist for your first 90 days in a church
What You Can Expect
Here’s what past attendees had to say about VitalChurch’s interim pastor training seminar:
[I liked] the theology behind the methodology; the broad scope of topics covered; the application discussions which occurred with a partner or group.
Your detailed framework for helping churches seems second to none.
We’ve secured a discounted rate of $117 at the Hampton Inn Orlando – International Airport. The hotel is within walking distance of the training location and many restaurants, and is a short shuttle ride away from the airport. The hotel offers a complementary hot breakfast.
After registering for the event you’ll receive details for booking your room at the discounted rate.
About VitalChurch Ministry
VitalChurch Ministry is one of the nation’s leading organizations in the fields of interim pastoring and church diagnostics. They have worked with hundreds of Christian churches throughout the United States, and in other parts of the world, and have produced some of the most well-regarded interim pastor training materials, used by denominations around the country. VitalChurch team members are regularly called upon to be featured speakers at denominational conferences on the topic of interim pastoring.
Meet the Presenters
Dave is the founding partner of VitalChurch Ministry and its interim pastor team leader. Dave has been privileged to see numerous churches transformed through VitalChurch’s revitalization process over the years. Dave lives in New York with his wife, Janet. They’ve been married since June 1980. Dave loves to be a pastor and enjoys the challenge of working with churches in transition. More about Dave…
David Brooks has served on the VitalChurch team in the New England region of the United States since 2001. David and Kathy reside in Manchester, New Hampshire, the geographic center of the six New England states. David has served on dozens of church diagnostic assessment teams and has served also as an intentional interim pastor in ten churches in the New England region. More about David…
Questions? Contact Laurel Schumacher at email@example.com