Early Bird Sale!
Overview of the Training
Join VitalChurch Ministry online for a training event designed to equip interim pastors, denominational leaders, and anyone else interested in helping churches in some kind of transition. Our training flows from a theology that places Christ, and His purposes, at the center of genuine church revitalization.
During this five-day event, participants will discover strategies to diagnose real problems, facilitate change, resolve conflict, manage destructive powerbrokers, and deal with the idols at the root of many congregational issues. You will be exposed to a flexible and workable model of church governance, the use of transition teams, and a proven method for strategic planning.
*Space is limited to ensure productive networking opportunities.
Our staff will contact you to verify attendee information after you complete payment.
Dates and Location
Monday, February 12 Through Friday, February 16
Held daily on Zoom from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. (EST)
$599 early bird pricing valid until January 13, 2024
$699 Standard registration fee beginning January 14, 2024
What You'll Get
- We heard you! New as of this year join us from 12-2 p.m. on a 5th day completely devoted to small group discussion and Q&A with our speakers. Attendees can seek advice, focus on specific topics, challenges, and areas of interest. This interactive format encourages a dynamic exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- The WHY and the HOW of VitalChurch’s intentional interim pastor ministry, based on our experience serving churches for more than 25 years
- The opportunity to self-assess your interim ministry potential and learn the qualities of a successful intentional interim pastor
- A hard copy of our Interim Pastor Training Manual that provides detailed information on all topics covered in the training**
- Access to recordings of all sessions for 90 days following the training
- A “check list” for an interim pastor’s first 90 days in a church
- Five days of learning, growing, and reflecting through a combination of formal information sessions, individual and small-group exercises, and whole group discussion to deepen and broaden your understanding of interim ministry
- Networking opportunities with like-minded pastors and professionals, as well as with VitalChurch’s speakers who have decades of experience in interim ministry
- Certificate of completion
**Register by January 30th for guaranteed delivery of our Interim Pastor Training Manual
What You'll Learn
- The skills and qualities that make a successful intentional interim pastor
- How to lay the foundation for a successful interim pastorate in the first 90 days
- How to address the "unholy trinity" (idolatry, conflict, power) in a church
- Strategies for training leaders and facilitating God’s change in churches
- Some best practices to achieve what we perceive to be God’s plan for each church
What You Can Expect
Here's what past attendees had to say about VitalChurch’s interim pastor training seminar:
"There is passion behind the principles. Y'all have lived this and love it and are committed to it and it shows" – Keith Carlson
"What I loved about the training was 1.) The guest speakers were excellent. 2.) The course was well run, with different personalities contributing. 3.) The handbook was very thorough 4.) Am I allowed 4 points? I'm going to take it - I loved that Christ was exalted throughout, that his church was honored, and that there was tangible fellowship even on Zoom. Thank you so much." – Gareth Loh
"The training was such a buffet of information that can be applied in a variety of ways. This isn't just for Interim pastors!" – Michelle Munger
“The training was invaluable as it gave us a common framework, language and tools for navigating an interim transition. We have referenced some aspect of this training on a regular basis ever since. Thanks VitalChurch!” – Tom Dabasinskas
Featured VitalChurch Presenters
Director Intentional Interim Pastor Division / Founding DirectorDave loves the challenge of working with churches in transition, and he has been privileged to see VitalChurch’s revitalization process transform many churches into thriving bodies who are making disciples and changing lives. He has a Th.M. from Dallas Theological Seminary and a D.Min. from Fuller Theological Seminary. More about Dave...
Executive DirectorTom has a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Denver and a Th.M. from Dallas Theological Seminary. He has served in a variety of roles including pastor, medical/counseling clinic director, and professor. He currently serves as VitalChurch's Executive Director. Tom’s passion is to see marriages, teams, churches, and organizations develop and grow well—with a special interest in leadership. More about Tom...
DIRECTOR, DIAGNOSTIC DIVISIONGregg earned his M.A. in Leadership at Fuller Theological Seminary and served as a “permanent pastor” for 16 years and then four years as the Director of Training for a Europe-based missions agency. Since 1998, Gregg has served as an intentional interim pastor in such varied places as Amsterdam, Barcelona, Hawaii, the San Francisco Bay area, New Hampshire, Southern California, and most recently, Massachusetts. Gregg has also participated in or led more than 70 diagnostics across the U.S. and in Europe. Gregg is a Trustee on the VitalChurch U.K. Team and enjoys gospel-centered theology, trying to keep up with technology, cycling, paddle boarding, and really good coffee. Gregg has been married to Linda since 1978 and they have four adult children and several grandsons.
Diagnostic Coordinator and HostSkylar Krajewski is excited to be serving as the Diagnostic Coordinator and Host for this year's IIP Training. She has a passion to build up and edify the body of Christ. Skylar's journey with VitalChurch began during her junior year of high school when the organization made a profound impact on her church during a challenging transition. Ever sense, she has felt a call on her life to join what God is doing through VitalChurch. Skylar has a B.S. in Non-profit Leadership and Intercultural Studies from University of Northwestern St. Paul. Currently residing in Rochester, MN. Skylar and her husband, Andrew, find joy in the great outdoors. They share a love for snowboarding, camping, and cherish spending quality time with their friends and family.
About VitalChurch Ministry
VitalChurch Ministry is one of the nation’s leading organizations in the fields of interim pastoring and church diagnostics. They have worked with hundreds of Christian churches throughout the United States, and in other parts of the world, and have produced some of the most well-regarded interim pastor training materials, used by denominations around the country. VitalChurch team members are regularly called upon to be featured speakers at denominational conferences on the topic of interim pastoring.
Questions? Contact us here.