Interim Pastor Ministries and Church Revitalization
Change and transition are constant. Sometimes it is planned change and common transition. Other times it is crisis change and complicated transition. How a church navigates the season of leadership transition will significantly impact future ministry and gospel influence.
VitalChurch Ministry offers robust church diagnostic assessments to discern unique strengths to build on and key issues to upgrade. These assessments provide churches with a mirror (reflecting what your people say) and a map (outlining recommendations or ministry objectives for your transition season).
VitalChurch has a team of pastors called to and trained in the specific ministry of leading churches in times of transition. Our intentional interim pastors facilitate a biblical process of inviting churches into healing, hope, and revitalization. Our pastors love the church and serve as a team. Most interim pastorates conclude by assisting your church’s search committee to engage a process that results in recruiting and retaining a godly, high-caliber new lead pastor.
Our team joins you in wanting the best for your church, and especially in wanting what God wants!
Who We Serve
VitalChurch pastors are skilled at leading change and take seriously the biblical directive to equip the saints for works of ministry (Eph 4:12).
Your church could benefit from working with VitalChurch Ministry if your church has experienced:
- planned succession or recent departure of a long-term lead pastor
- loss of vision/mission/direction
- undefined discipleship pathway and processes
- declining attendance and spiritual vitality
- lack of clarity in governance model or leadership roles
- stated values that are no longer operative values
- staff or ministry leader resignations
- unresolved conflicts and unreconciled relationships
- repetitive patterns or processes that hinder ministry effectiveness
For our ministry process to be successful, your church must be:
- dedicated to prayer
- willing to discern and deal with real issues according to God’s Word
- open to changing and navigating transition with grace
- willing to take responsibility and act redemptively
- focused on honoring Christ, listening to the Holy Spirit, and doing what He says
The VitalChurch team has served churches for decades. This ministry is designed to lead churches into biblical vitality, to equip and train leaders, and to be ready to call a new lead pastor.